Friday, May 19, 2006


Keep on moving...
(greeting to Hisham Kassab)

Following is part of president Charles Vest's charge to the graduates at the MIT commencement in 1998 (also in previous and later years):

... Now that you are duly charged, let me tell you a story about MIT's former president, Jerry Wiesner. It is a true story. Some years ago, an MIT alumnus came up to our former president Jerry Wiesner. He said "Dr. Wiesner, do you remember me? You shook my hand as I came through the line at my graduation twenty years ago; and you told me something that changed my entire life. It was the secret of my successful career." Jerry reluctantly admitted that he couldn't remember the moment, and asked what he had said. "President Wiesner, you said: Keep on moving, keep on moving."

Although not intended, this was an excellent advice, very mechanical, which is what is exactly needed sometimes in handling life situations...

2 Comments:

Blogger Ghassan said...

hahaha.. it's like a play, in-spite the mishaps, the show must go on...
¿quién es este Hisham el kassab?

2:38 PM  
Blogger saad said...

He's a friend from MIT who always reminds me of this story... So I thought I would greet him with it.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home